HHWShow Podcast: The Undertaker, The Great American Bash and more
Mark William Calaway, better known as THE UNDERTAKER. The Undertaker debuted in November 1990 at Survivor Series. Thirty Years in the business and announced that the cowboy is going home. The Undertaker retires on the unofficial date, June 21, the last chapter of the documentary, "The Last Ride." Throughout his tenure with the WWE his accomplishments were:Feud of the Year 1991 with the Ultimate WarriorMatch of the Year 1998 vs Mankind in a Hell in a Cell match at King of the RingMatch of the Year 2009 vs Shawn Michaels WrestleMania 25Match of the Year 2010 vs Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26Match of the Year 2012 vs Triple H at WrestleMania 28Ranked #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in 2002Ranked #21 of the top 500 singles wrestlers by Pro Wrestling Illustrated of all timeRanked #9 by Collider.com as the greatest wrestler of all time.3x World Heavyweight Champion4x Undisputed ChampionHardcore Champion6x World tag team champions with Stone Cold Steve Austin, Big Show (2), The Rock , and Kane (2)WCW World tag team Champion with Kane2007 Royal Rumble winner
In his filmography, he was in movies like:Suburban Commando - with starring Hulk Hogan, Christopher Lloyd, and Shelley DuvallDocumentary, Beyond the MatThe FlintstonesScooby DooSurf's Up 2TelevisionPoltergeist: The LegacyDowntownCelebrity DeathmatchAmerica's Most WantedAnd the documentary about himself, The Last RideHe was on the cover of WWE games 15 times and involved in five motion captures.
In 2000, he earned the Eyegore Award. The event aims at honoring excellence and achievement in the horror and sci-fi genre and coincides with the opening night of the annual special event at the theme park Halloween Horror Nights in October.
**My favorite match is the Undertaker vs Mankind, King of the Ring (1998)
This was the infamous hell in a cell match that was probably Mick Foley's greatest career match. This is one of the most popular matches of all time and the highlights of Taker throwing Foley off the top of the cell or through the cell are used all the time.
While it may not have been the best technically wrestling match of Undertaker's career, it was one of the most exciting.
The feud between Mankind and Undertaker was very underrated. This match contained some of the most insane stunts ever performed in the WWE.
Here is what happen this week in the WWE
On Smackdown: WWE recognized the Greatest Wrestler of all time by playing Undertaker's boneyard match. Nikki Cross won the fatal 4 way match to become the new number one contender and will challenge Smackdown Women's Champion Bayely at Extreme Rules. The New Day with Lucha House Party and Jeff Hardy won their respective matches.
On Raw, The Raw Women's Championship and the WWE Championship match signing is made official. Asuka vs. Sasha Banks and Drew McIntyre vs Dolph Ziggler in a Ziggler's choosing stipulation match. Andrade and Angel Garza defeated The Viking Raiders but lost in a handicap match vs. The Big Show. Seth Rollins and Murphy, Peyton Royce MVP, and R-Truth winners in their matches. and Sasha Banks and Dolph Ziggler winners in the main event card.
This week, NXT Great American Bash kicks off part 1 on Wednesday with the HHW Crew making their predictions:
And that's a wrap in this week's WWE.
- King Corbin - is upset that he has to feud with Matt Riddle. Gary Cassidy from Sportskeeda reported that Corbin would have liked Riddle to wrestle at least five superstars before setting up a challenge with him. In Riddle's inauguration to Smackdown, Riddle defeated A.J. Styles in a non-title match.
- Roman Reigns has been out of action since a week prior to WrestleMania 36. He was interviewed by The Hindu Times, in summary, he is not worried about the WWE workplace. He does not trust the performers because they travel a lot. (*) In other words, you cannot trust anyone on what they do outside the performance center. There is not a bubble established. Reigns is cautious on the safety of his family.
- Talks about Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton moving to NXT. Orton requested to work with Tommaso Ciampa. No word on Daniel Bryan's potential opponent. And Vince McMahon is allowing Raw and Smackdown to appear on NXT.
- The WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony is being planned for Summerslam. There is no word about the date or place on Summerslam.
- The Greatest American Bash returns on the NXT Brand. The event was first established on July 6, 1985, under the National Wrestling Alliance, NWA by Jim Crockett Promotions. Tully Blanchard (NWA World Television Champion) squared off against Dusty Rhodes. Rhodes pinned Blanchard to become the new champion. Ric Flair retained the NWA Heavyweight Title by defeating Nikita Koloff. The Greatest American Bash transferred over in 1989 to WCW and in 2004 to the WWE. The event returns to NXT since July 3rd, 2012 that will feature an epic match lists: (July 1 & 8)
- NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai to face Sasha Banks
- Dexter Lumis faces Roderick Strong in NXT's first-ever strap match
- Mia Yim, Tegon Nox, Candice LeRae and Dakota Kai to meet in a Fatal-4-Way Elimination Match to determine NUmber One Contender to the NXT WOmen's Championship
- Rhea Ripley takes on Aliyah & Robert Stone in a Handicap Match. Stipulation of the match is that if Ripley loses, she will sign with The Robert Stone Brand.
- And Oney Lorcan squares off with Timothy Thatcher