Smackdown results 12.25
It is the Smackdown Christmas special where three championship titles were being defended. Here are the following results:
Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens (Universal Championship)
The first match felt like the main event of a pay per view event. Both superstars performed at a higher level compared to TLC PPV. Just as the match carried on, so did Jey Uso who had to intervene. Uso handcuffed Owens, preventing Owens from doing anything but watching Reigns walk out of the steel cage as still, the Universal champion.
Women's Tag Team Championship - Triple Threat Elimination Match
Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair eliminated Bayley & Carmella by Banks' pinfall on Bayley. Asuka & Charlotte Flair would retain the titles by Belair going solo and getting hit with a combination Codebreaker and Natural Selection to take the loss. Asuka and Charlotte Flair retain the titles.
Big E defeated Sami Zayne (Intercontinental Championship)
Big E overcame Zayn's unique way of winning matches by ensuring he got pinned in the middle of the ring. Zayn had a habit of running away and sneak his way while opponents are still outside the ring to win by counting out. This time, in a lumberjack match, Zayn tried but was carried by Apollo Crews, Chad Gable, Otis, and the Street Profits.
Big E hit his signature move and got the pinfall. The celebration began as Big E was carried in the middle of the ring, waving the title at everyone watching in the ThunderDome.
- Kevin Owens has been outnumbered in the match against Roman Reigns. Although Daniel Bryan defeated Jey Uso in the night, why was Bryan not involved in helping Owens? Owens went after Uso when Uso attacked Bryan, costing him to lose the Intercontinental championship.
- With Bryan winning over Uso, does this set up a match with Roman Reigns for the Royal Rumble?
- Asuka & Charlotte Flair are tag team champions. They win their first defense while the Riott Squad watched from backstage. Will this be a future match? And what will happen with the NXT Women's division? Will they get a chance to seek an opportunity for those titles?
- When will Asuka and Charlotte match up for the Raw Women's championship?
- Big E wins the IC title. He will defend the title against King Corbin. Why would Corbin be the jobber in the match? Corbin took a dip in his status in 2020. He is far better than what he portrays in the ring.
- Seth Rollins returns next Friday. Does this mean Murphy will return as well? Or will we see a new storyline for Rollins?
The HHW Show Podcast returns on January 5, 2021. Follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.