WWE Payback Set Date and Match
A few weeks ago, WWE mentioned that there would be a WWE Payback Pay Per View after Summerslam. On Saturday, WWE posted on their website that the event will take place on August 30, 2020, on the WWE Network. The show will start at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT.
There has been one confirmed match on the card. Bayley and Sasha Banks will defend their Women's Tag Team Titles. No set opponent has been revealed. However, being that it is one week after Summerslam could be seen, another type of group match for the number one contender or a tag-team elimination match card. Here are the possible tag teams:
1. The IIconics (Billie Kay and Peyton Royce) are the former Tag Team Champions. They are the breakout stars in 2016 seeking their way back to being champions again.
2. Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott (Riott Squad) have reconciled for a short time. They are currently feuding with the IIconics. However, their trust between each other is a working progress.
3. Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart - They are the hottest NXT stars with huge potential to become new champions. On June 17, 2020, Blackheart and Nox had a chance to knock off the Tag Team Champs. Unfortunately, they came out short. But they can be the Cinderella tag team to pull an upset.
4. Asuka and Shayna Baszler? Both these superstars would like to compete against each other, especially if a championship title is in the picture. Asuka and Baszler have something in common. They dislike the champs holding all the gold. After the Battle Royal at Smackdown, they had great chemistry when eliminating Tegan Nox. Could they give the WWE Universe a big surprise and unite them as a tag team?
5. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross - This is a small chance that they get back together. Cross' anger for losing to Bayley haunts her because of her post-reaction towards Bliss. Bliss had been maniclawed by The Fiend. Things are different now and could affect their friendship. It is hard to tell if they remain a tag team.
Who should challenge the tag team champions at Payback? Let us know by adding your comments below.